I have said before that while I love nothing more than sitting down to a delicious spread, I also don’t want to spend ages cooking. So, I’ve embraced a number of things in my repertoire that are easy to make yet still tastes delicious and looks impressive. This is definitely the case when it comes to Christmas!
Last week I shared the fact that I’m going to be posting my go-to recipes for the festive season and I’m particularly excited to share this one because it’s just perfect for summer. I think nothing says Aussie Christmas quite like mangoes and prawns. This salad is a staple in our household during warmer months and is the perfect addition to any Christmas feast. With the taste of succulent prawns, crunchy salad and sweet mangoes, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 handfuls mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 mangoes, cut into cubes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 cooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp white condiment (white balsamic vinegar)
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- In a large bowl or on a platter, arrange lettuce, mango, onion, prawns and avocado.
- To make the dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking. Pour over salad, and sprinkle with coriander leaves and chilli.
This post was produced in collaboration with Macquarie Centre