Cancer Council’s Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea has officially kicked off and ambassador Dominique Rizzo has created this morning tea-themed recipe to encourage Australians to make every single cup count this year when it comes to beating cancer. You too can get involved. Whether it involves hosting an office morning tea, or going all out and hosting a high tea with all the trimmings it all matters, as every dollar raised is put back into research and support services that help cancer patients through their cancer journey every day. The official day is on today but hosts can put on an event any time during May and June. See recipe details and how you can make a difference…
No bake chocolate brownie recipe by Dominique Rizzo
No bake gluten and dairy free chocolate, banana and macadamia brownie
130g fresh dates, pitted
- 2 lady finger bananas or 1 ripe Cavendish banana
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs ( optional) these are available from health food shops and give a great crunch to the brownie
- 4 tblsp of raw cocoa powder ( unsweetened) you can just use normal cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour ( available in health food shops)
- ½ cup ground almonds ( almond meal)
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients except the macadamia nuts and the shredded coconut until smooth. Fold through the macadamia nuts and press the mixture into a tray lined with baking paper to a thickness of about 1 ½ cm.
- Sprinkle over the toasted coconut and press lightly onto the mixture.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until firm, cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also roll the mixture into balls and then into the coconut.
* Makes approximately 15-20 squares as you only will need a small square … they are quite rich.
How every cup counts:
The official day is on today but hosts can put on an event any time during May and June. Registrations are now open and signing up is easy, simply visit www.biggestmorningtea.com.au or call 1300 65 65 85.
$5 Can help us give a newly diagnosed cancer patient important support and information resources to help them through their cancer journey.
$10 Can help offer free exercise programs to help cancer patients build strength and fitness during and after treatment.
$25 Can help transport cancer patients to and from hospital for treatment.
$50 Can help the Cancer Council Helpline 13 11 20 provide free and confidential information and support on all aspects of cancer.
$100 Can help provide free accommodation to cancer patients, their families and carers during treatment.
$500 Can help fund ground-breaking research into new and better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. One dollar at a time you are making a difference helping to fund Cancer Council’s research, prevention, education and support services.