They say you’re either a bags or shoes kind of girl, but I don’t think I fall into either camp – I love both! I think it’s important to have a good range of bags for every occasion, just like I think there are essential shoe styles every girl should have in her wardrobe. I have lots of favourite bags in my cupboard, but these are the top 5 styles that I just can’t live without.
(Clockwise from left)
1. This is a great runaround bag and I use it both during the day and at night and it’s particularly good to take when I’m travelling. I think if you’re looking to splurge on a designer bag, you can’t ever go wrong with a classic quilted Chanel bag.
2. This is my everyday bag. This Balenciaga bag is big enough to carry all my essentials (plus Sophia’s), and I like the fact it’s got two kinds of straps so I can carry it on my arm or over my shoulder. When it comes to buying designer bags, I always tend to steer clear of the ‘it’ bag of the season and stick to more neutral colours so it has longevity.
3. I love leopard print! Whether it’s bags or shoes, I think animal print is a great way to make a statement with your outfit and give it a unique touch. This Saint Laurent clutch is one of my fave’s.
4. A glamorous evening clutch is always a good piece to have in your wardrobe for those occasions that require something a little dressier. This gold Christian Louboutin bow clutch has seen me through many a function, and I think it adds a nice finishing touch to an outfit.
5. I don’t think a wardrobe is complete without a black clutch. I’ve had my trusty Proenza Schouler clutch for many seasons and it’s really easy to wear with lots of different outfits.
6. This Dolce & Gabbana bag is great evening bag and is a great option if I don’t feel like carrying a clutch. Although it can also work with jeans if I feel like rocking something a bit more glam during the day. I don’t think a sequinned bag will ever go astray in any woman’s wardrobe.
Tell me – what bags are currently on high rotation in your wardrobe?
Photography: Tamika Keioske