When I do a bold lip I really pare it back and just make it about really good skin and minimal eye makeup with a great lip colour that pops. Here’s how I achieve the look at home:
- Prep the skin by firstly moisturising then using a primer (I use a Napoleon primer), then applying foundation (l use Armani Luminous Silk Foundation mixed with Mac Strobe cream luminiser to give my skin a dewy finish).
- Give eyes some slight definition by applying some eyeshadow in the crease.
- Add some bronzer to highlight cheekbones and contour.
- Apply luminiser on cheekbones, browbone and the cupid’s bow at the top of the lip to make lips look fuller.
- Apply some lip balm (I use a paw paw ointment) to moisturise the lips before applying lipstick (at the moment my go-to lipstick is Chanel Rouge Allure – Velvet 307 L’Impatiente). If you prefer more shine add lip gloss or paw paw ointment on top.
My top lip tips:
- For a great bold lip you need to have lips that are quite plump and hydrated. I naturally have quite dry lips so I try to drink lots of water water.
- To get rid of dead skin, exfoliate lips by rubbing a dry toothbrush over your lips.
- I always try to keep the original shape of my lipstick bullet as I find it’s easier to outline my lips.
Here are some other bold colours I am loving this season: