I’m all about great skin when it comes to makeup. If your base isn’t right your makeup is never going to look great. I love a dewy finish as it’s fresh and natural, and it’s really easy to achieve. Here’s a step-by-step guide on getting the look yourself:
- To start, cleanse and moisturise your skin then apply a primer (I use Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer).
2. Next, apply your foundation. I like two kinds of foundation – Armani Luminous Silk or Chanel Vitalumiere (if you have oily skin I’d go for Armani). Applying foundation is all about using a great foundation brush. Take the time to blend to get an all over, even coverage. To get a dewy finish mix a luminiser (I use MAC Strobe Cream) with your foundation.
3. Contour with a bronzer (I use MAC bronzing powder) on your temples, cheekbones and neck.
4. To highlight, add more luminiser (for this I use YSL Touche Eclat) on your cheekbones, brow bone, the bridge of your nose and the bow of your lip.
My top skin tips:
- Your foundation may change throughout the year so in winter months it’s always going to be lighter but in summer if you’re a bit more tanned you can go for a more darker shade. It’s got to be spot on!
- Great makeup application is all about having the right tools. Make sure to get the best quality brushes you can.