Melbourne Cup day is all about having fun with your outfit so opt for bold and bright colours and make a statement with your headpiece. This season I’m loving this Camilla and Marc dress, which I teamed with Nerida Winter pom pom hat. If you can’t find accessories to match the exact colour of your dress or headpiece then don’t stress as black and metallic’s are great options this season.
HEADPIECE: Nerida Winter
PHOTPGRAPHY: Cara O’Dowd
For the behind the scenes footage from this shoot make sure you check out Fashion Bloggers on the Style Network on October 29.
Shop Spring Racing: Derby Day looks HERE.
See ‘Shop The Look: Cute Clutches’ HERE.
See ‘What I Wore: Derby Day 2013′ HERE.
See my ‘Date with Kate’ with Kim Kardashian West HERE.
See my ‘Date with Kate’ with Natalie Imbruglia HERE.
Shop raceday accessories, perfect for Cup Day attire:
Annika gold-plated headband, Anissa Diadem gold-tone Swarovski crystal headpiece, Limited Edition Butterfly Wire Headband – Navy, Erin Elizabeth For Johnny Loves Rosie Mona Rhinestone T-Bar Headband – Grey, Limited Edition Metallic Vine Headband, Vally embellished-heel Mary Jane shoes, Vick sandals, 440 envelope clutch, Lytton clutch
Here are some dos and don’ts to really make your Cup Day outfit stand out from the rest:
– Melbourne Cup day is all about having fun so if you are keen to push the boundaries in racing fashion this is the day to do it!
– Wear bright colours and bold prints on Cup day.
– Matching the colour of your headpiece to your outfit is always a winning look otherwise opt for metallic crowns or headpieces to really make your outfit pop.
– When it comes to nails, to compliment the colourful theme opt for a bold nail colour. See my favourite Cup Day nail colours HERE.
– Try and avoid wearing black on this day as black is better suited to Derby day.
– Although it’s all about colour, it’s still a daytime affair so steer clear of too many sequins and over embellishments.
– If it’s wet weather try to avoid a stiletto and opt for a wedge or a thicker heel.