Oaks Day is ladies day so opt for a more feminine approach on this day. Think soft, pretty and feminine when putting your outfit together. You can never go wrong with floral prints and beautiful lace but this season it’s all about pretty pastels. When it comes to headwear opt for a gorgeous floral headpiece, bejewelled headband, lace veil or fine netting, as they are the top trends for this day. When it comes to accessories you can’t go wrong with heels and clutch in a neutral tone.
HEADPIECE: Nerida Winter
PHOTPGRAPHY: Cara O’Dowd
For the behind the scenes footage from this shoot make sure you check out Fashion Bloggers on the Style Network on October 29.
Shop Spring Racing: Derby Day looks HERE.
Shop Spring Racing: Melbourne Cup looks HERE.
See ‘What I Wore: Derby Day 2013′ HERE.
See ‘Autumn Racing Headwear’ HERE.
Shop race day accessories, perfect for Oaks Day attire:
Rock N Rose Cressida Halo Headband, Palladium-plated, Swarovski crystal and faux pearl headband, Gold-plated Swarovski crystal headband, ASOS Rose Bud Veil Headpiece – Red, Alexandria silver-tone Swarovski crystal headband, Padlock leather clutch, Pigalle 100mm pumps, Suspenodo 85mm slingback pumps
Here are some race day tips to really make your Oaks Day outfit stand out from the rest:
– It’s all about ladylike elegance on Oaks Day.
– Pretty pastels and floral headpieces are key trends this season.
– Nude coloured accessories offer a softer approach than black.
– When it comes to nails, to compliment the feminine theme opt for a pastel nail colour. See my favourite Oaks Day nail colours HERE.
– Try and avoid wearing black on this day as black is bettered suited to Derby day.
– Don’t overload on fake tan. Keep your make-up soft and pretty.
– Taking your shoes off on a race day is not an option so try taking a pair of foldable ballet flats in your handbag.